1. Healing cuts, scrapes, and burns. For even greater benefit, apply lavender oil first, wait 30 seconds and then layer Frankincense on top. Each of these oils provides benefits of their own but together they really rock it.
2. Reduce and fade scars. Apply Frankincense even after a wound has healed to reduce and fade scarring. (Pair with helichrysum for even more amazing results). It is often effective for improving or fading even old scars.
3. Helps remove moles, skin tags, and warts. Keeping with a skin theme, apply a single drop 3 or 4 times a day to these types of skin issues. Often times it will seem to simply fade away or drop off. Of course, always get suspicious moles (dark, ragged edges and/or growing quickly), checked by your healthcare professional.
4. Relieve the symptoms of gout. Mix with equal parts of a carrier oil, and apply several times a day to affected areas. Frankincense seems to often relieve the painful symptoms of gout.
5. Support strong immune system. The antiseptic properties of Frankincense boost immune function whether you diffuse it or massage on the bottom of your feet or take a drop internally daily in a capsule, on the roof of the mouth or under your tongue. As you will see in number 8, it also supports DNA cellular repair.
6. Stress and anxiety management. Apply a drop at the temples to relieve stress and evoke a feeling of calmness. You can also rub a few drops mixed in a carrier oil on the back of the neck when you feel anxious. Simply rubbing a drop or two in the palms of your hand and then breathing it in deeply has a calming effect. Helpful before meditation as well (place a drop between eyes above nose or take it internally)
7. Mitigate depression and feelings of helplessness. Apply a few drops to the back of the neck and especially around the brain stem two or more times daily. It also helps regulate hormonal balance in the body.
8. Anti-aging and Cellular repair: Damaged DNA is responsible for not only older, wrinkled looking skin but also for many chronic inflammatory conditions including more serious illnesses. Taking a daily drop internally helps on a body-wide level while dabbing Frankincense on fine lines and wrinkles will make them less noticeable. A 50/50 blend with a fractionated coconut oil, in a glass roller ball is recommended. You can also add a drop of Frank to your daily moisturizer. (Also consider using doTERRA’s anti-aging line which contain many skin-enhancing oils including frankincense).
9. Replacement for NSAIDS/Advil. Frankincense is a powerful anti-Inflammatory and can be used to relieve conditions where pain and inflammation are present, including arthritic pain and itching.
10. Improves cognitive functioning. For many people, a drop a day of Frankincense taken internally improves brain functioning. It does cross the blood brain barrier and has even been shown in medical studies to decrease cerebral swelling from head injuries or tumors.
There is another reason why I have all my cancer clients add Frankincense to their daily self-care. Even though there is much research to support this usage, I am not allowed to discuss it with you here. Instead, I will simply share with you the words of immunologist Mahmoud Suhail from the University of Oklahoma.
“Cancer starts when the DNA code within the cell’s nucleus becomes corrupted. It seems frankincense has a re-set function. It can tell the cell what the right DNA code should be.
Frankincense separates the ‘brain’ of the cancerous cell – the nucleus – from the ‘body’ – the cytoplasm, and closes down the nucleus to stop it reproducing corrupted DNA codes.”
Apparently, the wise men were pretty wise to include Frankincense in their gifts for the one they perceived to be the “new king”. Frankincense has a rich history that continues forward today in medical and health-related forums. Those of us who use it know it is worth the slightly expensive cost but this month (December) you can get it free.
Add paragraph text here.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!